- Real-time tactics, strategy
- Win-PC beta: 13th December 2019
- Win-PC full release: 24th January 2020
- MacOS/Linux/Consoles: Spring 2020
- Age rating
- ESRB Teen Provisional
- Beta: Only Windows PC
What content will be included in the beta/Will we be able to play the full game?
Yes, the beta will feature all content planned for the full release. However, this is still a beta, so some things may appear a bit unpolished and should still be considered a work in progress.
How can I play the beta?
You will receive instant access to the beta simply by pre-purchasing the game on the official Kalypso Store.
The Commandos 2 – HD Remaster Beta will appear as a separate game in your Steam library.
This means, after purchasing/redeeming your Steam key, you will have two items added:
- Commandos 2 – HD Remaster (will be available upon release in 24th January 2020)
- Commandos 2 – HD Remaster Beta (your mission begins here, Commander!)
Will the beta be extended with additional content up until release?
As the beta features the entirety of the content planned for the full release, there will be no new features or additional content added. However, there will be updates to fix bugs, tweak gameplay, and make things shine. For more details and updates, we recommend keeping an eye on our official channels.
Will there be constant updates/fixes and/or server maintenance?
We are planning to update the beta frequently.
We do not have servers that require maintenance. This means there will be no downtime.
So that we can be as flexible as possible and adapt to feedback and bug reports more effectively, we have avoided sticking to any fixed schedule.
Please be aware that, when updating to a new version of the beta, some save games might lose compatibility.
Which operating systems does the beta support?
How long will the Commandos 2 – HD Remaster Beta run?
The beta will be active from 13th December up until the full release of the game on January 24th 2020.
Is it possible to share screenshots or videos?
Yes! There is no NDA on streaming or sharing any content from the beta.
What should I do when I encounter a bug?
To report an in-game bug, simply press F1 on your keyboard at any time.
You can also head to the exclusive Commandos 2 – HD Remaster Beta Steam community hub by pressing F2, where you can discuss anything related to the beta with other participants.
To get in touch directly with our technical support team, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the system requirements to play the beta?
You need at least:
- OS: 64-bit: Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Processor: Quad-Core CPU; Intel i3 (4th-Gen.) 3.5GHz, AMD Quad-Core 3.9GHz or better
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: 2GB dedicated VRAM; Nvidia GTX 570, AMD Radeon HD 6950 or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 8 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with the latest drivers
Can we transfer our progress from the beta to the full game when it releases?
We are trying our best to make this possible. However, we cannot guarantee beta save games to be compatible with the full game upon release. To avoid potential disappointment, it would be best to assume all beta save games to only be compatible with the beta.
Which languages will be supported in the Commandos 2 – HD Remaster Beta?
The beta will be available in English and German only. However, the full release will offer more languages and we may add more over the course of the beta.
Is the beta playable with a controller?
No, at least not upon its immediate release. However, this will most likely be added during the duration of the beta, so stay tuned!
What will I get when pre-ordering the game?
Every pre-order includes:
- Commandos 2 – HD Remaster
- The full game upon release
- Commandos 2 – HD Remaster Beta
- Instant access to the beta on Steam until its full release on 24th January 2020
- A 10% discount on your purchase of Commandos 2 – HD Remaster, or the Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster Double Pack