|Genre||Real-time tactics, strategy
|Release||Win-PC, Xbox One, PS4: 18th September 2020
MacOS, Linux: following
Nin. Switch: following in Winter
|Age rating||ESRB: Teen
PEGI: 16 +
|Platforms||Win, MacOS, Linux, PS4, XB1, Nin. Switch|
Retail boxed Version of the Commandos 2 & Praetorians: HD Remaster Double Pack
- Boxed Version of the Double Pack, including Commandos 2 – HD Remaster & Praetorians – HD Remaster
- Platforms: Win-PC, Xbox One, PS4
- Age Ratings:
- ESRB: Teen
- PEGI: 16+
- USK: 16+
What is Commandos 2 – HD Remaster?
Relive the real-time tactics masterpiece that defined the genre like no other: Originally developed by the legendary Pyro Studios, Commandos 2 – HD Remaster is a true homage to one of gaming’s most celebrated masterpieces. Experience Commandos 2 Men of Courage like never before, in high definition with reworked controls, UI and tutorial. Take control of an elite group of commandos who must venture deep into enemy territory and utilize their combined expertise to complete a series of notoriously demanding missions set in World War II. Go covert into various environments based on authentic World War II locations and lead your team of commandos against overwhelming odds, operate covertly and turn the tide of war.
What are the main features of Commandos 2 – HD Remaster?
- Re-imagined in HD with reworked controls, modernized UI and overhauled tutorial.
- Interactive environments: steal enemy uniforms and weapons, climb poles, swing from cables, swim, utilize vehicles, and climb in/out of buildings, ships and planes.
- Control nine unique commandos, each with different skills and specializations including green beret, sniper, demolition expert, diver, seductress and thief.
- The Commandos series’ first appearance in a modern 3D Engine: rotate the environment 360 degrees, move seamlessly in and out of buildings, submarines, planes and underwater, and zoom in and out of the environment.
- Authentic WWII scenarios: 10 missions spanning 9 different environments in night and day, with realistic weather effects.
- The choice is yours: how you tackle each mission is up to you. Experiment with skills and weapons in a challenging “against the odds” gameplay style.
- WWII vehicles and weapons, including jeeps, tanks, trucks, ships, bazookas and flame-throwers.
What can be expected with Commandos 2 – HD Remaster?
The true Commandos 2 experience
- Return of the classic original Commandos 2, updated with modern controls and UI for today’s console and PC generation.
- Relive the game that pioneered the real-time tactics genre.
Updated modern UI and controls
Experience Commandos visuals like never before on Unity Engine with modern controls and UI for the current console and PC generation.
- Commandos HD comes with modern updated graphics, controls and UI.
- Remade for perfect use with the controller on PS4, Xbox and Nintendo Switch.
- Updated tutorial to get you right in the game.
Depth of gameplay
- Lead up to 9 Commandos with different skills and weapons.
- Each mission will be a completely new challenge and will offer multiple ways to complete them.
- Unlock 10 bonus missions by collecting hidden items.
- Only tactical planning and careful choice of weapon and skills will lead to victory.
- Many tactical possibilities available by utilizing different combinations of skills, characters and weapons.
Setting: World War II
- Missions are firmly based on historical events during World War II.
- Campaign is tied together by a story.
- Huge variety of locations; indoors and outdoors, plus night and day levels.
Hardcore tactical gameplay
- Challenging gaming experience without any compromises.
- Easy to learn, hard to master:
- Skill based game with a quick game loop
- However, with a meta-game of acquiring knowledge and strategies long term.
- No gimmicks, no loot boxes, etc.
Lead your favorite Commandos again to victory
Meet your favorite commandos all over again:
- Silently kill your enemies with the Green Beret.
- Take out enemies from a distance with the Sniper.
- Set traps or run enemies over with the Driver.
- Distract and eliminate enemy soldiers unnoticed with the Spy.
- Shake things up with the Sapper or use naval warfare with the Diver.
- Return to beautifully rendered HD locations like Germany, France, Thailand and Burma.
Playable on new systems
- The new HD version brings Commandos to newer PCs, keeping up with the performance of current and future generations of hardware and software.
- Commandos 2 will be available for the first time on PS4, Xbox One and Switch.
Who developed the Original Commands 2 – Men of Courage?
Pyro Studios, based in Madrid, Spain, developed the original and critically acclaimed Commandos series, along with Praetorians, which will also receive an HD Remaster by Kalypso Media.
Who is developing Commandos 2 – HD Remaster?
Yippee! Entertainment, based in Salford, England.
Which engine does Commandos 2 – HD Remaster use?
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster is using the latest unity engine.
Which languages will be supported?
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster will offer a huge variety of languages (voice overs and subtitles) upon release on 24th January 2020:
Language versions on release
Subtitles on release
Which are the main (playable) characters in Commandos 2 – HD Remaster?
During the game, players will have 8 different commandos at their disposal, though rarely all at the same time. Each commando has their own individual abilities and skills, enabling them to take on unique roles in missions.
Jack (Butcher) O’Hara, (The Green Beret)
The iconic figure of the Commandos series. Jack is an Irish sergeant codenamed “Tiny”. In the game, he is the toughest commando and the only one strong enough to lift heavy items, such as fuel barrels and boxes. He can also stab enemies with his combat knife and conceal himself in most soft surfaces to hide from enemies’ view.
Sir Francis T. Woolridge, (The Sniper)
The Sniper is a British operative codenamed “Duke”. In the game, he is the team’s sharpshooter, who can easily take out single targets from a great distance.
Sidney Perkins, (The Driver)
An American operative also known as “Tread”. He is the only commando who can drive tanks, set various traps and throw Molotov cocktails and smoke grenades.
Thomas Hancock, (The Sapper)
A British operative codenamed “Inferno”. He is an expert in explosives and heavy weapons, such as flamethrowers and bazookas. He is also the only commando who can operate and fire the turret of a tank. He is therefore essential if you want to wreak havoc behind enemy lines together with The Driver.
James Blackwood, (The Diver)
An Australian operative known as “Fins”. He can dive underwater to hide from any enemy’s view. He can even stay underwater indefinitely using his scuba gear. He can also use a grappling hook and throw knives. He is the best choice to reach almost unreachable areas and as he is the only commando able to pilot a rowing boat, can also transport his allies to places they otherwise couldn’t get to.
René Duchamp, (The Spy)
A French operative known as “Spooky”. He can disguise himself as any enemy soldier or officer to distract enemies and, when disguised as officer, can also order lower ranking enemy units to look in a certain direction or walk to nearby places. He cannot punch out enemies, but can use a poison syringe to daze, knock-out or even kill.
Paul Toledo, (The Thief)
A French operative known as “Lupin”. He is the sneakiest commando, who can climb certain walls and jump through windows. He can also lockpick boxes and certain doors and knock opponents out with a kick.
Natasha Nikochevski, (The Seductress)
A Soviet operative from Kiev codenamed “Lips”. She can distract enemy soldiers and dress as enemy operatives. She can also use a sniper rifle.
A bull terrier dog, whose original owner was a member of the French resistance until they were killed. He can be used to distract enemies. Commandos can use a dog whistle to pass items between each other.
What about the overall content?
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster features 10 missions, plus 10 bonus missions and 2 training missions.
What setting does Commandos 2 – HD Remaster cover?
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster is set in the Western and Pacific theatre of war and all missions are loosely based on real events in World War II.
On mission featuring the Western theatre, your Commandos will face German enemies, whereas at the Pacific theatre your Commandos have to deal with Japanese enemies.
Will Commandos 2 HD – Remaster include multiplayer?
No, there is no planned multiplayer content.
What can be expected for the console versions?
For the consoles, the game will add reworked controls, a new, intuitive and modernized UI and an overhauled tutorial.
Commandos HD Remaster will not feature 4K support and there will be no major advantages for PlayStation 4 Pro or Xbox One X. Commandos 2 – HD Remaster should still run in up to 60 FPS on consoles.
Will there be a new fully-fledged Commandos Game?
Yes. We are currently planning a fully-fledged new entry to the series.
Because we are still in the planning phase, we cannot share any further details, yet.
But, Kalypso Media Group has recently announced the formation of a brand-new internal game development studio, explicitly tasked with the production of a next-generation entry in the Commandos strategy series.