Publisher Kalypso Media has today announced that the HD remaster of celebrated strategy pioneer Commandos 2 is available today on Nintendo Switch™. Featuring a full high-definition revamp of its Pyro Studios predecessor, Commandos 2 – HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch™ adds reworked tutorials, campaign missions, and optimised support for both the Nintendo Switch™ Joy-Con and Pro Controller.
Corps, vets, and saboteurs-in-training can check out an exclusive launch stream from 6pm GMT this evening and a launch trailer below, showing the tactics classic in action on Nintendo Switch™.
New recruits and vets alike are welcomed to join the launch this evening from 6pm GMT via an exclusive Commandos 2 – HD Remaster live stream, hosted by Lt. Patrick Leuschner
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster is a true homage to one of gaming’s most celebrated masterpieces. Originally developed by the legendary Pyro Studios, relive the real-time tactics masterpiece that defined the genre like no other for the first time on Nintendo Switch™.
Take control of an elite group of Allied commandos who must venture deep into enemy territory and utilize their combined expertise to complete a series of progressively demanding missions. In this World War II genre-defining classic, explore interactive environments and use unique skill sets to complete missions against seemingly impossible odds.
- Experience the Commandos series in HD for the first time on Nintendo Switch™
- Every tutorial and campaign mission revamped with reworked controls and modernised UI
- Access authentic WWII vehicles, scenarios and weaponry such as tanks and bazookas
- 10 missions spanning 9 day/night environments, all with realistic weather effects
- Steal, climb and swim to accomplish missions within fully interactive environments
- Play as an eclectic cast of characters, including Green Beret, Sniper and Whiskey the dog
- Experiment with skills and approaches in challenging, against-the-odds style gameplay