Publisher Kalypso Media has today announced that the HD remaster of celebrated strategy pioneer Commandos 2 will launch on the Nintendo Switch™ family of consoles 4th December, 2020. An announcement and gameplay trailer can be viewed below, showing Commandos 2 – HD Remaster in action for the very first time on Nintendo Switch™.
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch™ features a full high-definition refurbishment of its Pyro Studios predecessor, adding revamped tutorials, campaign missions, and optimised support for both the Nintendo Switch™ Joy-Con and Pro Controller.
Fans can tune into an exclusive Commandos 2 – HD Remaster
livestream this evening from 6pm GMT on the official Kalypso Media Twitch channel, hosted by Wladimir Marcheim
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster is a true homage to one of gaming’s most celebrated masterpieces. Originally developed by the legendary Pyro Studios, relive the real-time tactics masterpiece that defined the genre like no other for the first time on Nintendo Switch™.Take control of an elite group of Allied commandos who must venture deep into enemy territory and utilize their combined expertise to complete a series of progressively demanding missions. In this World War II genre-defining classic, explore interactive environments and use unique skill sets to complete missions against seemingly impossible odds.
- Experience the Commandos series in HD for the first time on Nintendo Switch™
- Every tutorial and campaign mission revamped with reworked controls and modernised UI
- Access authentic WWII vehicles, scenarios and weaponry such as tanks and bazookas
- 10 missions spanning 9 day/night environments, all with realistic weather effects
- Steal, climb and swim to accomplish missions within fully interactive environments
- Play as an eclectic cast of characters, including Green Beret, Sniper and Whiskey the dog
- Experiment with skills and approaches in challenging, against-the-odds style gameplay