Hybrid Strategy Title Makes its Console Debut Alongside
Massive Improvements to the PC Beta Version
Strategy publisher Kalypso Media and developer Palindrome Interactive have today released their new strategy IP Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars on Xbox One in Game Preview, giving Xbox One fans the first playtest of the console version ahead of the game’s full release in Spring 2020. The news follows the previous closed beta on PC, which is available for all pre-purchase customers on Steam and the Kalypso Store.
Both the Game Preview and Steam beta versions of the game arrive with a host of new updates and enhancements that dramatically improve the gameplay experience, including:
- New battle maps for each biome, taking the total number of unique battlegrounds to 16
- New mechanic: battle status effects, which affect all armies on the battlefield. Eight different effects with three levels of strength each
- New mechanic: capture points, including watch towers and healing points
- Lords will now earn skills as they level up
- Upgradable buildings now have four different visual variations depending on which upgrades have been applied
- New province effects, such as mana regen when ending a turn on a library
- New camera options in kingdom mode and fullscreen 2D map
The Game Preview version of Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars introduces the game’s challenging mix of empire management and turn-based strategy with the full Dracul campaign. The Nosfernus and Moroia campaigns will then follow in updates during the run up to release. Xbox One players can discuss the game and get the latest updates on the Game Preview campaign on the official Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars Xbox Club, which also goes live today.
Title: Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars
Platforms: Windows PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™
Developer: Palindrome Interactive
Genre: Turn-based strategy
Release: Out now (Xbox Game Preview), Spring 2020 (PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One,
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars is an engaging strategy game set in a dark vampire world in turmoil, that combines empire management and turn-based combat. Descend into a mythical world filled with horrors, legends and compelling gothic epos paired with a challenging game experience.
- The Truth Unfolds: Discover the secrets of Nemire, and experience an enthralling story spanning across 12 meticulously crafted missions and four unique environments, from the perspective of four mighty vampire lords, each with their own goals and agendas.
- Discover the Bloodlines: Command one of three unique vampire clans with distinctive units, powers, gameplay mechanics and characters. Play as the bloodthirsty Dracul, the ancient Nosfernus or the mystical Moroia!
- Vampiric powers: Powerful spells and abilities enhance the gameplay and provide a refreshing take on the genre. Each clan and vampire lord has access to their own set of abilities, which can be synergized into powerful combinations.
- Strategy & Tactics: Command legendary armies, recruit new units and unlock crucial technologies in the strategic Kingdom mode, and put tactical skills to the test in the action-packed Combat mode.
- Varied Content: Choose from three different gameplay modes, such as the story-driven Campaign, the open-world Sandbox, and the hard-fought Skirmish mode.