|Genre||Turn-Based Strategy / Empire Management|
|Release||28th August 2020|
|Age rating||ESRB Rating: Mature (Blood, Violence)PEGI 16/USK 16|
|Platforms||Windows PC/PlayStation4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch|
What is Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars?
For as long as historians can remember, the ancient Dracul bloodline has ruled over the mysterious lands of Warmont – Realm of the Bloodthrone. Inside the secluded borders of this land, an unholy court of vampires feast on the blood of their human subjects. And, as long as they give it willingly, a vicious peace between mortal and immortal is kept alive under the watchful eye of the vampiric rulers – Vlad and Cecilia Dracul, forever bound by eternal love.
To the east, a cold wind blows over the desolate planes of Mourterra – The Land of the Dead. No humans live on this barren and cursed soil, and yet the land is far from deserted. Horrifying remnants of the ancient and corrupt Nosfernus bloodline stalk here in silence, patiently waiting for their chance to once again plague the lands of the living.
Meanwhile, in Esain – The Frozen North, another bloodline of vampires resides in solitude and isolation from the world. For the mystical clan of the Moroia, magic is blood, and blood is magic… and it runs thick in their cold, blue veins. No being – living or dead – dares interrupt their dark rituals and bloody soirées.
Tonight, the smell of blood is strong on the wind, and a red moon lights up the dark sky. A new vampire war is imminent, and none will be spared from the coming horrors.
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars is an engaging strategy game set in a dark vampire world in turmoil, that combines empire management and turn-based combat with a compelling story. Descend into a mythical world filled with horrors and legends – and hurl yourself into an irresistible gothic epic paired with a challenging game experience.
What are the main features of Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars?
- The Truth Unfolds: Discover the secrets of Nemire, and experience an enthralling story spanning across 12 meticulously crafted missions and four unique environments, from the perspective of four mighty vampire lords, each with their own goals and agendas.
- Discover the Bloodlines: Command one of three unique vampire clans with distinctive units, powers, gameplay mechanics and characters. Play as the bloodthirsty Dracul, the ancient Nosfernus or the mystical Moroia!
- Vampiric powers: Original card game elements enhance the gameplay and provide a refreshing take on the genre. Each clan and vampire lord has access to their own set of cards, which can be synergized into powerful combinations.
- Strategy & Tactics: Command your armies, recruit new units and unlock crucial technologies in the strategic Kingdom mode, and then put your tactical skills to the test in the action-packed Combat mode.
- Varied Content: Choose from three different gameplay modes, such as the story-driven Campaign, the open-world Sandbox, and the hard-fought Skirmish mode.
On which platforms will Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars be released?
Immortal Realms is planned to be released for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
When will Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars be released?
For PC (Windows) and consoles, the release is planned for 28th August 2020.
Who is developing Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars?
Palindrome Interactive is a developer based in Skövde, Sweden. The company was formed in 2015 and currently employs 15 developers & artists.
The Nintendo Switch version has been ported by Raylight Games, based in Napoli, Italy. The company was formed in 2000 and has developed more than 30 titles for PC, home consoles and handhelds over the years.
What languages will be available for Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars?
The game will support English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian at launch.
There may be some additional languages that are only available for individual platforms, while others may be added after launch – please check the respective store pages for more information.
Will the game feature multiplayer?
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars will focus purely on a singleplayer experience.
What engine does Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars use?
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars uses the latest version of the Unity engine.
How does Combat work in Immortal Realms – Vampire Wars?
When encountering battles on the map, players have two options:
- Where the outcome will be quickly simulated and resolved
- This is recommended if you’re expecting an easy victory and the opposing army is below the fighting strength of your own.
Regular combat/Turn-based combat
- The player will be taken to the battlefield. The opposing and player armies will be placed in the desired formation, with combat beginning when both formations are ready.
- The player and opponent will take turns (based on their units’ initiative) to move their army around the battlefield and attack their foe when in range.
- During battle, combat cards can be used to either cripple the opponent’s army or boost your own.
- Additional equipment can also be used to enhance the player’s lord.
- The roles of the units in battle should be carefully considered. For example, use flanking units to deal bonus damage, get ranged units out of close-combat or get around ranged attacks from opposing units. This gives every battle a unique feel and challenge.
How do players get stronger during the game?
The player controls a lord – a strong and powerful unit that not just levels up, but can also be equipped with powerful items to dominate the battlefield and crush their opponents.
In addition, lords can move into battle with their army. By conquering more land on the map, players will not just secure an ongoing stream of blood, the most important resource in Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars, but also gain access to specialized buildings to recruit new troops.
If the player can take care of their units, they can become veterans over time and increase their power.
What kind of progress can be expected in the game?
There are several ways to get stronger in the game.
First of all, the vampire lords.
- Starting with one lord, with whom you can recruit more units for your army. Conquering more land levels up your lord, which will increase their overall stats and grant access to more powerful spell cards.
- Players will also be able to obtain more lords by turning them, which will also level them up and produce powerful new leaders for your armies.
- Players start with smaller tier one units, such as the thinbloods, archers and spearmen, before getting access to more powerful tier 2 units like halfbloods, and tier 3 units, like knights. Prisons can also be conquered, where even more powerful beings can be found and be added to your army if you have enough blood at your disposal, including the frightening Wraith Knight and powerful gargoyle.
- Your army units can also rank up with each victory, increasing their strength further.
- A tech tree enables you to unlock more tools to inflict all kinds of havoc on your enemies.
- With this skill tree, you can unlock a variety of upgrades. For example, improvements to your lord’s stats, an overall decrease in costs, increasing your global blood income, and also getting access to more powerful units later on, among other things.
What about the contents of the game?
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars will feature:
A fully-fledged singleplayer campaign
- Spanning 3 acts between three clans for all three clans (4 missions per clan), for 30+ hours of playtime.
Additionally, Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars will feature a sandbox mode.
- Where players can customize several parameters and get right into the raging battle between vampire clans and humans.
Also included will be a skirmish mode
- Where players can test their skills with different predefined settings and parameters of lords and armies while locked in combat against the AI.
Which factions/clans will be playable?
- Direct descendants of the first Vampire, the Dracul are the only pure bloodline remaining in the world. They rule over their human subjects with an iron fist, spreading fear and terror across the land.
- With armies consisting of human lowborns and powerful beasts, these ferocious warriors will let nothing stand in the way of their bloodthirst.
- Where the Nosfernus walk, death will follow…
- The Nosfernus are a cursed bloodline, living in the dark ruins of long lost strongholds or lurking in the depths of forsaken cemeteries. They have an unnatural ability to raise and command the dead, and they do not care for human settlements or titles… only power and blood.
- The power of the Moroia is legendary. This mystical clan has lived in solitude for centuries, studying the true essence of magic. Hiding their true face behind a mask of beauty, they possess an unmatched level of magical might. Together with their ambition and cunning, they are a force to be reckoned with.
Will there be a version for mobile devices?
Yes, we are planning to launch a version for Android tablets/iPads and we are currently expecting this to be ready this Winter.