It’s the beginning of the week and we’ve got another update for the Port Royale 4 Beta, fresh off the boat!
This update will add German voice overs and tackles a huge amount of reported bugs, including some known issues.
Thank you for supporting Port Royale 4 and reporting!
Please keep it up!
Find below a full list of all bugfixes in this update:
New Feature and improvements
- German voice files / Voiceover are now available
- Changes in the game’s Manual.
User Interface & Display
- Selected convoys are not visible in the lighthouse.
- Treasure map and Expedition: final dialogue showed wrong Icon (Glory).
- Mission markers are hidden behind the HUD.
- Increase in fame displayed incorrectly.
- Selecting city icon too difficult.
- Trade window: Product groups on/off is not saved.
- City Orders: Mission marker shows wrong position.
- City filter highlight on minimap is unclear.
- Warehouse – Transfer quantity is not displayed.
- Trade routes: “Solve allocation” instead of “Allocate”.
- Missing and incorrect button depictions in the Highlight Towns Screen.
- A highlighted concession can be accessed from the Pirates screen after switching the tabs.
- Missing button depiction for ‘Towns’, ‘Town Settings’ and ‘Route’ windows of Trade Routes.
- ‘Fame Point Gained’ notification fails to display after gaining 50 points to gain a fame point.
- Click on city/convoy over map too inaccurate.
- Sammy is not displayed.
- Player can use all available funds for construction.
- Instruction potentially unclear to user.
- Tutorial 6 – Progress is blocked by not having enough money.
- Mouse click for NEXT button in tutorial does not work.
- Tutorial sea Battle – shows false result “Defeat”.
Campaign &Free Mode
- Mission does not fail in combat.
- Treasure map & Expedtion: Reservoirs do not show expedition.
- Missions disappears before time runs out.
- Spain Campaign indicated wrong task order.
- Sailors disappear.
- Sailors cost too cheap.
- Number of sailors on slider is missing.
- Convoy can no longer be moved .
- Spain Campaign: end of game is triggered by starting tasks.
- Spain Campaign: Task Update 5 have wrong time limit.
- Spain Campaign: Task update 5&6 require adjusted year data.
- Spain Campaign: Task Update 6 includes Skippable tasks.
- Spain Campaign: Tasks failed automatically.
- Spain Campaign: Task: False Satisfaction shown.
- Spain Campaign: task “KS_A03” already fulfilled as soon as the user has bought 500 goods.
- Spain campaign: task “KS_S55” John Hawkins.
- Spain Campaign: John Hawkins -Attack not possible/no war with England.
- Spain Campaign: task “AU 6” &”SP06“ are shown as completed too early.
- Spain Campaign: start settings contains wrong city distribution.
- Spain Campaign: Task Update 6: “Task KS_A02” is incorrect.
- Spain campaign: Task update 6 “task KS_A04” is incorrect.
- Spain Campaign: Intro Video has an encoding glitch at the beginning.
- Spain Campaign: player mistakenly receives fame points as a reward .
- Spain Campaign: Glory Point Rewards are not displayed.
- Spain Campaign: John Hawkins “KS_S55” text Missing viceroy message
- Spain Campaign: John Hawkins “KS_S57” text is not triggered
- Spain Campaign: Game Start Task List “KS_A02” not fulfillable/ sold goods are not accounted for
- Spain campaign: Despite correct start settings war is still possible
- Spain Campaign: John Hawkins “KS_S58” – war galleon is missing
- Spain Campaign: John Hawkins “KS_S56” is not triggered after destroying Convoy 1
- Spain Campaign: John Hawkins “KS_S58” is triggered too early
- Spain Campaign: John Hawkins “KS_S56” is triggered despite defeat
- Person to be assisted outside the navigable area
- Construction Mode: hexfields outside the buildable area can be selected
- Construction Mode: Inn does not look like a tavern
- Constructing the large shipyard in Seville does not need to be done
- Free Play: Optional game objectives – Fame points for reward are missing
- Free play: Task SP07 is not accounted for
- Viceroy tasks: AI builds living space too slowly
- Free play: game goal difficulty (YEAR) is calculated incorrectly
- Function “Priority for sailor distribution” cannot be used
- Port “Maracaibo” does not accept coffee
- Large shipyard: corvette and frigate cannot be constructed everywhere
- Shipyard: ships in the purchase menu are no longer sorted correctly
- Shipbuilding: ships which are docked”in port” are not accounted for
- Naval battles marking inappropriate
- wrong marking at boarding
- Ship info layout broken + additional info
- Final dialogue: Texts missing / label moved
- Result: Icons and texts slipped
- Sea battles & boarding: Movement not possible
- display of vessels / parties is not consistent
- Ship battle display draw or defeat
- Clouds appear and disappear again immediately.
- Weather – Fog has a visible cross in camera focus.
- Cities under siege can be plundered infinitely.
- Warning symbol for hidden city.
- Free Play: Game Settings allow wrong nation: England in instead of Spain despite restriction
- Cloudsaves: Message when reaching the savegame limit.
- Ship training – no goods plundered although not sunk
- Player’s company tactics black circles
- Waterfall near Port au Prince
- Naval Battle: Missing possibility to turn ship manually
- Convoy – Tabs are not displayed
- Convoy Details – Ship TAB has faulty function on D-Pad UP
- Convoy – Tabs are not displayed
- Menu cannot be opened in dialogs
- Trading route indicates incomplete button legend
- No controller Cursor in Naval Battle
- Controller focus remains in the background after triggering the sorting list in Convoys and Towns.
- Convoy is focused after pressing the ‘X’ button in the Vessels and On Tour tabs of the Convoys and Towns screen.
- Missing ‘Left’ analog stick button icon in ‘Viceroy> Fame> Town Administration’
*Update: 12th May 2020
Port Royale 4 Beta Hotfix (v.0.1.0-12089 NA) has been released!
Hear ye, Explorers, Buccaneers, Captains and Landlubbers!
We’ve got another small hotfix for the Port Royale 4 Beta, fresh off the boat! ːpirateː
This hotfix is focused on following bugfixes:
- Naval Battles: Fixed issue, which led to vessel inflicting more damage than they are are supposed to.
- Campaign and Free Mode: Fixed issue occurring with treasure fleets, which prevented the delivery of new settlers.