Port Royale 4 has just received another free update with small changes to the balancing, bug fixes and a new optional feature – armed merchant convoys! With these changes we are aiming to make early game piracy more challenging, fun and rewarding.
- Armed merchant convoys
- Optional armed merchant convoys added to free game mode.
- If armed merchant convoys are enabled, every trading convoy will be guarded by 1 to 2 military vessels (1 to 2 bars in military strength), making early game piracy more challenging but potentially more rewarding. This will also allow the player to fight battles earlier in the game.
- Enemy convoys will still surrender if you are much stronger than them, allowing you to grab 50% of their transported goods. If the enemy convoy is of equal or superior strength, they will fight you, allowing you to steal up to 100% of their transported goods as well as potentially boarding their military vessels.
- Selling ships prices adjusted
Selling costs of ships reduced
- Ship repair costs adjusted
Costs for repairing military vessels increased
- Using shipyards requires a trading license
Using a shipyard from another nation now requires a trade license in that town. This will put emphasis on using shipyards associated with your own nation in the beginning of the game
- Fireworks after town was captured
Added a visual effect to make the “town captured” event more rewarding.
- Firing administrators
You can now fire warehouse administrators
- Building town buildings without warehouse
If the option “Warehouse: Mandatory” in free game is chosen, you will be able to build town buildings in your hometown without having to build the warehouse first. Only production buildings will then need the warehouse to be built first
- Price curve changes
Further increased the price curve to reduce price plateaus during trading
Bug fixes and optimization
- Fixed: Rare crash related to the pathfinding system
- Fixed: Rare random crash
- Fixed: Arrow hint in tutorial chapter 4
- Fixed: The bell chime now also rings for automatic convoys when they are selected and are arriving in a harbour
- Fixed: Issue related to newly-built ships in New Orleans portraying the Spanish flag, when the city is under French control
- Fixed: Issue that allowed the user to go into debt during a specific trade interaction with self-produced commodities
- Fixed: Issue related to rounding numbers for the cost of produced commodities
- Fixed: Issue related to annexing Cuba
- Fixed: Issue related to filling up a convoy with priority leaving out one barrel of a commodity
- Fixed: Issue related with updating a convoy’s name when leaving a harbour
- Fixed: Debug text for quest rewards
- Fixed: Number of manufactures displayed incorrectly during construction
- Fixed: Being able to rotate the camera while in a menu
- Fixed: Mouseover for unlearned captain skill
- Fixed: Limited number of towns for tasks asking for more towns than we have on the map
- Fixed: Issue when rearranging towns in trade route editing
- Fixed: Rare blocker in tutorial chapter 4 about not having enough production slots
- Fixed: Game speed in tutorial increased from 0.5 to 1