Port Royale 4 – Update 1.4 has just been released
Update 1.4 for Port Royale 4 is now available for PC via Steam, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. In this update, you can expect a special Christmas event, active from the 15th until the 31st of December. For the event, we’ve added a Christmas-themed loading screen, festive town and ship decorations, and some gifts to help get you in the holiday spirit.
Update 1.4 also includes several bug fixes, further game optimisation, and tweaks to balancing issues with regard to mission objectives.
Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to hearing what you think of the changes and Christmas event.
Your Port Royale 4 team
Christmas event (active from 15th-31st December)
The optional Christmas-themed changes to Port Royale 4 can be enabled or disabled in the Graphics tab of the Options menu. Please note, any alterations made here will send you back to the main menu, so make sure to have saved your game before making any changes.
- The Christmas event will be active from the 15th until the 31st of December
- The event adds several visual changes (such as those to the loading screen, towns, and ships) to make the game a bit more festive
- Have fun scouring the Caribbean Sea for lost presents
- Following a manual battle, players can now choose to either collect prize money or sink any additional captured ships. If ships are returned to their home nation, these can be used to form new military convoys
- To better fit the game’s historical context, pirates can no longer be solicited for prize money
Pausing the game
- Players can now pause gameplay using either the Spacebar or by selecting this option via the HUD
- We’ve addressed some balancing issues for mission objectives: adjusting some values and removing duplicate objectives
Bug fixes and optimisation
- Fixed a crash that would occur randomly
- Fixed overlapping icons in the town dialog
- Fixed the displayed price difference of 1 gold for commodities between ships and warehouses
- Added a missing advisor hint when the player is at risk of becoming bankrupt
- Fixed a blocker when loading an autosaved game of an ongoing sea battle
- Fixed a bug that would instantly finish an under-construction building if the construction site was moved using the ‘Move Building’ mechanic
- Fixed an exploit that would protect military convoys from attacks for a few days even if they had surrendered in battle
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive their money back after cancelling the construction of the Queen Anne
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Unload All’ ability of trade routes wherein all of the goods were not being unloaded in the specified town
- Fixed the titles of hostels and guesthouses from being displayed as ‘Inn’
- Fixed an overlapping window border of the enemy tactics windows if the enemy has no tactics available
- Fixed withdrawn trading licences if the player is playing as the Merchant and declares independence. The Merchant should always have trading licences available in every town on the map, even after declaring independence
- Fixed enemy ships still being able to move and fire while being boarded if the player completes their turn while the boarding animation is still occurring
- Fixed the production price of commodities displaying in the production overview window instead of the trading window
- Fixed pirates sometimes no longer attacking player convoys after declaring independence
- Fixed the AI being able to move player ships on blocked fields by way of a tactic.
- Fixed the game not pausing when the player opens the ‘Inn’ dialog
- Fixed convoys not accepting the order to blockade a town if they have already received the order to blockade another town
- Fixed a misplaced arrow marker in Tutorial Chapter 1
- Fixed an rare game-breaking bug in Tutorial Chapter 6
- The window size is now easier to adjust when playing in windowed mode
Fixed an issue preventing players from adjusting the game’s speed via the touchpad if they had just changed the language