Publisher Kalypso Media has today announced that Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition has added the Northern Europe and Down Under expansions to its roster. Budding tycoons can purchase the individual DLC via Nintendo eShop from this afternoon.
In the Northern Europe DLC, players aid the Swedish Parliament with constructing a new national railroad to continue the country’s far-reaching industrial advancements along the lakes and sprawling rivers that were first used by freight ships to provide goods and supplies to Northern Europe. TheDown Under DLC moves the beloved rail tycoon sim to the sun-scorched plains of the Australian outback, allowing players to explore the states of New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria and trade goods customary to the continent, such as beer and grilled seafood.
Additional purchases such as the Germany DLC, France DLC, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC are also now available.
Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition
Extend and manage your rail network on the go! Explore the Mexico, The Great Lakes and Crossing the Andes DLC, unlocking new scenarios on regional maps, additional soundtracks, locomotives as well as the new Night and Snow mode.
Create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also developing over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructuresand advanced amenities, as you progress through five eras of technological innovation.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps! To keep your business on track, you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To move up the ladder, you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Northern Europe DLC
- New scenario: Hibernation (1853-1870)
- Map expansion: ‘Northern Europe’ (available in Free Game and Sandbox modes)
- 3 historical engines: Odin (2-2-2), Prins August (2-4-0) and SJB II (4-6-0)
- 10 new tradeable goods (e.g. crisp bread and brown cheese) and 30 new cities
- ‘Concession’ feature: The map is divided into sections. Buy concessions to gain access to new building grounds (also available on the full North American map)
- Snow: Enhanced weather system for all northern regions in the game
- New regional soundtrack
Down Under DLC
- New scenario: ‘Pioneering Spirit’ (1830-1930)
- Map expansion: ‘Down Under’ (available in Free Game and Sandbox modes)
- Explore new territories: New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria
- 3 new historical engines: Heisler (0-8-0). C30 (4-6-0) and Class S (4-6-2)
- New goods to trade: seafood, Rail-O-Mite and canned beer
- 52 new cities to discover
- New music, reworked city buildings and unique mission structures (e.g. Sydney Harbour Bridge)
- Unique ‘Settlement’ feature for pre-determined locations
- More freedom to establish new cities and personalise economic systems