Let’s be honest, Commandos has never been a walk in the park. So naturally, Commandos 2 – HD Remaster pushes players to their limits. In order to overcome all the missions you’ll need to employ some serious strategic thinking and quite a bit of forward planning. The following tips are aimed to help veteran fans refresh their memories and also help ease the way for newcomers on their road to success.
- A pack of cigarettes or a bottle of wine are very tempting indeed in the eyes of a soldier, which makes them a good method of distraction for you.
- Mind your step(s)! Enemies can see and hear you and will follow any footprints you leave behind on snow or sand.
- “Spike” is the Thief’s friend and will obey only him. He has trained his loyal companion so that when you select a specific spot on the scenery with the “rat” cursor, Spike runs over and performs a couple of somersaults to attract the enemy’s attention, giving the Thief time to pass by undetected.
- Some missions contain puzzle pieces. Collect them all and finish the game to unlock special bonus missions!
- This might sound trivial, but believe us, it will save you. Before entering a room, it’s highly recommended that you look inside first!
- If a soldier sees an incapacitated ally on the ground, they will run towards them to help out. If they see a dead ally, they will scream and then run towards them.
- Dropping a body over a mine will not activate it, but it is good bait…
- Every weapon makes a noise, except the Spy’s poisonous syringe and gas granades.
- While in disguise, the Spy can give lower ranked guards an order. For example, you could set up a trap and order the guard to walk right into it.
- There are some special patrols which can spot even the Spy. You should take care of them first.
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster is now available for PC in the Kalypso Store.
Versions for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Mac and Linux will follow in Spring 2020.