|Genre:||Real-time tactics, strategy|
|Digital Release:||August 30th 2022|
|Physical Release:||October 27th 2022|
|Age rating:||IARC Rating:|
|Platforms:||On day one on console, PC and cloud with Xbox Game Pass, Steam, Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo SwitchTM|
What is Commandos 3 – HD Remaster?
Fall in, soldier! Commandos 3 – HD Remaster sends you to the cruel battlefields of Europe. Fight your way through the icy, deadly trenches of Stalingrad, defeat the German enemy at the fanatical heart of the Third Reich in Berlin, and rely on your tactical skills on the blood-soaked beaches of Normandy on D-Day.
In this completely revamped third installment of the acclaimed real-time tactics Commandos series, you lead a group of notorious special forces far behind enemy lines in World War II, helping the Allies to victory – in stunning high-definition visuals, with improved controls and a modern user interface.
Will there be a demo for Commandos 3 – HD Remaster?
Yes, there will be a demo that includes two missions from the tutorial and one mission from one of the main campaigns.
Can I transfer my progress from the demo to the full version of Commandos 3 – HD Remaster?
No, the game progress from the demo is not transferable to the full version of Commandos 3 – HD Remaster.
What are the main features of Commandos 3 − HD Remaster?
- Re-imagined in HD with reworked controls, modernized UI and overhauled tutorial.
- Engage the enemy across Europe – from the Eastern front of Stalingrad and the German Headquarters in Berlin to the D-Day assault on Omaha Beach – each offering unique tactical situations and more action than ever before in the series.
- Navigate detailed interior and exterior environments using ambushes, assaults, stealth and sabotage to disrupt enemy advances.
- Compete in ‘Deathmatch’ or ‘Collect the Flag’ modes for 2-8 players, all with distinct victory conditions.
- Improved accessibility: Commandos 3 – HD Remaster features more detailed, smaller maps providing more action-orientated missions that form part of an overall campaign.
What can be expected with Commandos 3 – HD Remaster?
The revamped Commandos 3 experience
Return of the real-time tactics classic Commandos 3, updated with modern controls and UI for today’s console and PC generation.
Updated modern UI and controls
Experience the Commandos 3 visuals like never before with modern controls and UI for the current console and PC generation.
- Commandos 3 − HD Remaster comes with modern updated graphics, controls and UI.
- Keyboard shortcuts for each weapon, item, and ability
- Remade for perfect use with the controller on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- Full gamepad support for all platforms
- New aiming system and visualization
- Redesigned tutorial for gamepad input
- Fully customizable keyboard/mouse/gamepad layout for PC and consoles.
- Resolution support up to 4K
- Remastered rendering and visual effects
- Remastered 3D models for characters and interior environment
- Remastered menu and UI for both PC and consoles
- Upscaled 2D backgrounds / video and cutscenes
- Improved tutorial instructions
- Expanded map borders for more flexible gameplay
- A new ‘Rookie’ difficulty mode
- Voice and text language configuration
Depth of gameplay
- Lead up to 6 Commandos with different skills and weapons.
- Each mission will be a completely new challenge and will offer multiple ways to complete them.
- Only tactical planning and careful choice of weapon and skills will lead to victory.
- Many tactical possibilities available by utilizing different combinations of skills, characters and weapons.
- Huge variety of locations; indoors and outdoors, plus night and day levels.
Hardcore tactical gameplay
- Challenging gaming experience without any compromises.
- Easy to learn, hard to master:
- Skill-based game with a quick game loop
- However, with a meta-game of acquiring knowledge and strategies long term.
- No gimmicks, no loot boxes, etc.
Lead your favorite Commandos again to victory
Meet your favorite Commandos all over again:
- Return to detailed rendered HD locations like Germany, France and Russia.
- Commandos 3 – HD Remaster will bring the 3rd installment to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch for the first time.
What is the new ‘Rookie mode’?
We have introduced the ‘Rookie mode’ to make the start into the series easier for newer players.
The ‘Rookie mode’ brings the following changes:
- The First-Aid kit is more effective
- Increased detection time for enemies to spot the Commandos
- Timer for ‘Stop Bomb Deployment’ in a mission has been increased by 100%
- Doubled the throwing range of all grenades (gas grenades, Molotov cocktails, frag grenades)
On which platforms will Commandos 3 – HD Remaster be available?
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster will be available on day one on console, PC and cloud with Xbox Game Pass, Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
When will Commandos 3 – HD Remaster be available?
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster will launch digitally on day one on console, PC and cloud with Xbox Game Pass, Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on August 30th 2022.
Will there be a physical version of Commandos 3 – HD Remaster?
A special retail version will follow on October 27th, coming as a Commandos Double Pack, including Commandos 3 – HD Remaster as well as Commandos 2 – HD Remaster.
Who developed the Original Commands 3: Destination Berlin?
Pyro Studios, based in Madrid, Spain, developed the original and critically acclaimed Commandos series.
Who is developing Commandos 3 − HD Remaster?
Raylight Games, based in Naples, Italy.
Which languages will be supported?
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster will offer a huge variety of languages (voice overs and subtitles) upon release in September 2022:
Language voice overs on release:
Subtitles and text on release:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
Which are the main (playable) characters in Commandos 3 − HD Remaster?
During the game, players will have 6 different commandos at their disposal, though rarely all at the same time. Each commando has their own individual abilities and skills, enabling them to take on unique roles in missions.
- Jack (Butcher) O’Hara, (The Green Beret)
- Sir Francis T. Woolridge, (The Sniper)
- Thomas Hancock, (The Sapper)
- James Blackwood, (The Diver)
- René Duchamp, (The Spy)
- Paul Toledo, (The Thief)
What is the overall scope of the game?
Commandos 3 − HD Remaster features 12 main missions in single player, located in different theatres of war and 2 training missions. In addition, Commandos 3 – HD Remaster offers a multiplayer mode for 2-8 players adding countless hours of playtime.
Will Commandos 3 – HD Remaster include multiplayer?
Yes, you can compete in ‘Deathmatch’ or ‘Collect the Flag’ modes for 2-8 players, all with distinct victory conditions.