Kalypso Media and Realmforge Studios have today announced that upcoming space station management sim Spacebase Startopia is now available to pre-purchase and play immediately on Xbox One, Series X|S through Xbox Game Preview, as well as PC via the Kalypso Store and Steam. Optimised for the Xbox family of devices, Spacebase Startopia allows players to manage their very own donut-shaped space station and deck the space (base) as they see fit with a host of galactic gadgetry so to pique the interest of a range of diverse alien lifeforms.
Budding bridge commanders and planetary pâtissiers can pre-purchase the game now via Xbox Game Preview or the Kalypso Store to receive 10% off and unfiltered access to the beta and full game when it launches across Xbox One, Series X and S devices via Microsoft’s Smart Delivery initiative this spring.
To celebrate Spacebase Startopia’s safe passage to Xbox, the new trailer features space-whale-watching.
Spacebase Startopia launches this spring on Xbox One, Series X|S, PlayStation® 4|5, Nintendo Switch™ and PC via the Kalypso Store and Steam. For more information, please contact the Kalypso Media PR team.
For a first peep through the porthole, tune in to Kalypso_live from 6pm GMT this evening for an exclusive Spacebase Startopia livestream, hosted by oxygen enthusiast Patrick Leuschner
Spacebase Startopia is a galactic new take on a fan-favourite space base-management game set in…well, space! This vibrant and often absurd universe offers players an exciting blend of city building and base-management, with a flash of RTS skirmishes.
By breathing life back into a true classic, developer Realmforge Studios strikes a careful balance between nostalgia and innovation in its reimagining of the popular strategy game, which revolves around a donut-shaped space station filled to the brim with a colourful cast of aliens managed by their tireless commander (that’s you, human).
In Spacebase Startopia, players will carve out their own little space in the universe, ready to become a galactic utopia – if your management skills are up to the task. With three different game modes and a vast amount of management decisions to be made under the watchful eye of the VAL, the station’s sardonic AI, there’s plenty of in-depth gameplay waiting for new and seasoned players alike. But beware of invading space pirates, who will do their best to ruin your carefully laid plans!
Features in the Game Preview
- Single player campaign with 4 fully voiced single player missions
- Learn with 5 fun tutorials
- Competitive and a cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Multiplayer mode: Quick Match, Skirmish Mode (8 out of 9 levels unlocked), CoOp first 4 Missions
- Individually configurable sandbox mode
- Build lots of rooms across three very different decks to offer everything that the visiting aliens could wish for
- Manage a melting pot of different alien races, each with their own individual – and sometimes contradictory – needs and desires
- Produce and trade resources to turn a profit, while running sabotage missions against your competitors
- Title: Spacebase Startopia
Platforms: Xbox (One, Series X|S), Win/Mac/Linux, PlayStation 4|5, NintendoSwitch™
Developer: Realmforge Studios
Genre: Management simulator
Release: Spring 2021