Tropico 6 Update 18: Locura Cripto
Tropico 6 Update #18 ‘Locura Cripto’ has just been released for Steam, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 | 5.
With the Locura Cripto update, we have added a new mode to the game that allows you to get wild with the settings. We also have 2 brand new, free and fantastic buildings for the island ruler of tomorrow with the Tropocoin Farm and the Offshore Wind Turbine!
Update 18 also fixes some bugs in multiplayer, such as the resetting of building blueprints for clients after loading a savegame. Additionally, several gameplay bugs have been fixed, such as Tropicans always staying in high school or college when a save game was created while in those buildings: No more “detention” in Tropico’s educational institutions!
For more details, please check out the full changelog below.
Changelog for Tropico 6 Update 18: Locura Cripto
Improvements and new features
- A new modern building, the “Tropocoin Farm”, has been added.
Eager to enter the Crypto business? Tropico now boasts its own cryptocurrency – the “Tropocoin”. With the Tropocoin Farm you can generate this new virtual currency in return for using lots of energy. The coins can be sold for money or Swiss Bank money but be careful, the crypto market is unpredictable. Additionally, you can exchange your Tropocoins for NFTs which will be displayed via Hologram at your Tropocoin Farm.
- A new modern building, the “Offshore Wind Turbine”, has been added.
Build Offshore Wind Turbines in Tropico’s seas and generate clean, renewable energy. In addition, the Tropican engineers have found a way to use the Offshore Windmills like big fans. Just change the work mode to “Smog Fan” and when placed near shores they will reduce pollution on nearby coastal areas.
- Creative Mode has been added for Sandbox games, offering even more settings to rule however you want, e.g., without rebels, with unlimited resources and more. Please note that the earning of achievements is disabled when activating any creative mode options.
Here is the list of the new creative mode settings:
- Unlimited Money
- Infinite Resources
- Unlimited Landmarks
- All blueprints unlocked
- Unlimited Mandate time
- Disable elections
- Disable rebels
- Disable demands
- Disable invasions
- Added tooltips for Sandbox options.
- [Soundtrack DLC only] Added DLC Soundtracks from “The Llama of Wall Street”, “Spitter”, “Lobbyistico” and “Festival” to the Soundtrack List.
- Fixed Teamsters delivering only small amounts of manure.
- Fixed Hospital and Ancient Ruins getting the Space Program’s knowledge production bonus.
- Fixed citizens staying in High School or College forever, after saving while they are in said building.
- When choosing the Barracks upgrade “Motorized Infantry” the soldiers will now leave the truck during a fight.
- “State Controlled Media” constitution now works correctly.
- “The Tropico Papers” edict now affects filthy rich citizens correctly.
- “Random Blueprint” reward is now greyed out if the player already unlocked all blueprints.
- Fixed reward newsfeed when a Treasure Hunt raid has finished and the player already has all available blueprints.
- Fixed development of die-hard political views with built Brandenburg Gate.
- Fixed Minister of Interior not having any effect when a conservative is hired for the position.
- Fixed Defense HQ and Drone Command’s required worker education from being affected by the Military Constitution.
- Fixed that some buildings sometimes did not reveal special citizen roles after loading a savegame.
- Display Food Happiness more clearly in Almanac as to not confuse it with Service Quality.
- Fixed “Garbage Dump” blueprint being unlocked at the start of a map.
- Fixed “Work modes” task completing itself in Tutorial 1.
- The text “Customize Options” will not be displayed in map creation when playing with mouse and keyboard.
- Fixed lipstick color customization resetting to white after loading or starting a map.
- Multiplayer: fixed Blueprints resetting for clients after loading a savegame.
- Multiplayer: fixed the host gaining the clients’ loot from raids.
- Multiplayer: fixed the client not seeing stocks in any raid building.
- Multiplayer: fixed players seeing changed outpost name from other players.
- Several text and menu fixes.